Non-Immigrant Visa "ED": To study, attend seminar, training, or internship in Thailand
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to study, attend seminar, training session, or internship in Thailand.
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Visa application form completely filled out
- Two (2) color photos of applicant (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) white / blue background taken within the past 6 months.
- Recommendation letter addressed to the Embassy
- Letter of acceptance from the concerned academic institute/organisation
- For those wishing to study in a Private institution:
· An original official letter from the Ministry of Education of Thailand, or other sub-authorities concerned, approving the enrolment of foreign students and a copy of registration certificate of the concerned academic institute are required
· Academic record and the Student ID (if currently studying)
- For those wishing to attend seminar, or training session, or internship:
· An original recommendation letter from the concerned organisation addressed to the Embassy is also required
Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
VALIDITY OF A VISA
The validity of a visa is 3 months.
PERIOD OF STAY
Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.