NON-IMMIGRANT VISA "ED" : study, seminar, training, internship

Non-Immigrant Visa "ED": To study, attend seminar, training, or internship in Thailand

IMPORTANT : All visa applicants must make advance appointment online at


This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to study, attend seminar, training session, or internship in Thailand.


- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out. Download visa application form here

- Two (2) color photos of applicant (size 3.5 x 4.5 cm.) white / blue background taken within the past 6 months.

- Letter of acceptance from the concerned academic institute/organisation

- For those wishing to study in a Private institution:

·        An original official letter from the Ministry of Education of Thailand, or other sub-authorities concerned, approving the enrolment of foreign students and a copy of registration certificate of the concerned academic institute are required

·        Academic record and the Student ID (if currently studying)

- For those wishing to attend seminar, or training session, or internship:

·        An original recommendation letter from the concerned organisation addressed to the Embassy is also required


Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary



300 NIS



The validity of a visa is 3 months.



Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days.  He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.



Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.

Parents of students studying in Thailand with valid "ED" visa may apply for non-immigrant O visa. More details can be found here